Monday, June 30, 2014

My Identity

Great News! I will be getting back my identity after mid-Aug, ie. when I leave my current job.

In this job, I don't have a name in my department. I'm known as "Auntie". Funny thing is I don't remember this "Auntie" as my first, middle or last name!

Well, I did protest but gave up and just live with it for the past 6 months *** groan ***.

Now, "Auntie" is used to address a woman in the following scenarios :-

1) A relative.

2) Someone whose name is unknown to you, so it's a form of respect.

Well, I'm DEFINITELY NOT a relative of any of my colleague in the department, so I'm just a nameless staff to them, hence "Auntie". This is very very very insulting and offensive but I have grown to live with it. Will be glad when the time comes for me to leave the job Yippee!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment